Children need to go to a provider regularly, especially when they are young. These regularly scheduled visits are called a Well Child Visit and is important to make sure your child is remaining healthy and developing normally. It is a time where you get to ask questions about your child’s growth, what to expect, and any other medical questions.
Why does my child need a Well Child Visit?
- Prevent illnesses: Your provider can help you spot any problems early.
- Check your child’s development: You can talk to your provider about your child’s development and make sure everything is on track.
- Raise any concerns: This is your chance to ask any questions that may be bothering you.
- Schedule vaccinations: You can help keep your child healthy and irradicate disease through scheduled immunizations.
When should my child be seen for a Well Child Visit?
- Birth to 5 days
- 1 month
- 2 months
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 15 months
- 18 months
- 24 months
- 3 years
- 4 years
- And annually every year after that until 18 years of age
Will my insurance cover a Well Child Visit?
Yes, this is a covered benefit by your insurance, which means no deductible or co-pay. Insurances allow for the Well Child Visit from birth to 24 months at the intervals listed above. Then they allow for a Well Child Visit Annually from the age of 3 to 18.
8am - 12 pm & 1pm - 5pm
Tuesday Extended Hours
7am - 12pm & 1pm - 7pm
Cheyenne Wells, CO 80810