COVID Testing & Treatments
Patients who suspect they may have COVID-19 should make an appointment through the Prairie View Clinic or Kit Carson Clinic, see a provider, and determine if testing is needed.
See below for contact details to get in touch for testing.
When to go to the hospital if you have COVID-19
Look for emergency warning signs for COVID-19. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone
*This list is not all possible symptoms. Please call the hospital for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
Call 911: Notify the operator you are seeking care for someone who has or may have COVID-19.
See the CDC website for more information.
We offer dedicated facilities to help people with COVID-19. Our hospital provides isolated areas for COVID patients, as well as the latest treatments to fight the disease, including Monoclonal Antibodies.
- OOT Box – We have an isolated testing area, located outside of the Prairie View Clinic, so that patients can be isolated during testing.
- Isolated ER – We have created a walled-off area of the ER with increased ventilation and HEPA filters to clean the air.
- Isolated patient care room – Due to the highly contagious nature of COVID-19, we provide an isolated patient care room using negative air pressure so all risk of infection stays in the room.
Non-Emergency 8am – 6pm M - F
Cheyenne Wells, CO 80810